Terrible 2's

I think kids go through stages differently and at different times. For instance, the terrible 2's for Henry did not start until he was three, and unfortunately, Eddie seems to be going through the same thing starting from 18 months of age. Therefore, they are going through it at the same time!!! They do handle and react to things completely different from one another, which I guess is a good thing.
The other day I took both boys to Sam's Club with me. As a normal part of a Sam's Club visit, they each got an Icee to drink. Well, you know how in frozen drinks you can get air pockets??? (you just have to stir it up to get rid of it) Well, Eddie got an air pocket in his and was very frustrated by it. He began screaming and lifted his Icee up and through it on the ground. Yes, it splattered all over. I was now one of "those" mothers who apparently could not control her kids in public. Eddie was screaming and crying because he no longer had and Icee and Henry did, and Henry was crying because he was overwhelmed by the whole thing (hmmm, wonder where he gets that?). I was so embarrassed! I know there where people looking at me and thinking to themselves, "can't she get her child under control???". Now, I know that I have good boys, but I can't help but want them to be good all the time, especially in public places. I also know that what drives me crazy about them is what I sometimes love most about them. I love that Henry is sensitive and emotional, and I love that Edison is feisty and still so lovable! It's crazy that they come from the same gene pool, because they are so different in personality. God knew what He was doing when He gave us our boys, they are uniquely special in every way!

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
0 Responses