A THANKFUL HEART





Any of you who know Henry know that he is a polite and thankful little boy. He always remembers to say thank you for anything big or small, from a cup of milk to a favorite toy. Last night he was sitting at the table having a snack. He, of course, thanked me for his yogurt and apples. After sitting at the table for a while, he said to me, "thank you for my brother, Mommy". Talk about touching my heart...brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it! If only we all were more grateful for the "people" in our lives and not the "things". I guess sometimes it takes the words of a sensitive three year old to put things into perspective. "Who" in your life are you thankful for?

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
1 Response
  1. Brings a tear to my eyes too! How sweet!! And you just know how much he really meant that when he said it! (Make sure you write that down in a journal too!!)
    It also takes a child to remind us to be thankful other than at Thanksgiving!
    I'm Thankful for my best friend, her children and all they bring to my life!
    (I'm also thankful for your blog...b/c everytime I check it Katie gets SO excited and starts yelling, "it's Henry, it's Henry!")